Junior Consultant- Project Management and Data Analyst
MeterSYS is seeking qualified applicants for our Junior Consultant: Project Management Support contractor position with preference given to those possessing PE or PMP. This position will support the Senior Consultant Team on utility metering technology feasibility, procurement, and implementation projects for public utilities across the United States.
The preferred candidates will have the ability to travel to client sites, and to support projects out of our office in Raleigh, NC. MeterSYS seeks contractors and employees displaying the highest level of expertise and project service performance. BS or BA required with postgraduate work preferred. Experience is preferred but not required.
Project Manager: Advanced Metering
This position will operate as Project Manager with responsibility for leading MeterSYS Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Projects and Metering as a Service programs. The position will provide strategic leadership, project management and oversight of the overall execution of the AMI solution. The primary accountability for this position is to ensure that all AMI projects are planned and executed consistent with overall company and utility business goals and strategies, are implemented on time and on budget, and meets identified business needs.
This position will be responsible for the selection and implementation of the AMI system, integration into the new billing system and enterprise-level technology, facilitate work process redesign, manage a cross functional implementation team, and other PM roles including vendor and contractor management, project budget management, and final execution of the new system across the utility.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or advanced certification in Management, Business or Public Administration, Project Management, Information Technology or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of seven or more years as a supervisor or manager and five years’ experience as a practicing project manager with demonstrated experience in implementation of large scale projects. Supervisory management experience and project management experience may be concurrent.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Certification/License: Project Management (like PMP/PgMP) certification desired
Water Meter Utility Worker
The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions, dangerous machinery and wildlife. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and blood borne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Physical demands consist of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and using hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must be able to lift and carry moderately equipment up to 100 pounds. Incumbent may be required to wear personal protection-protective footwear. Incumbent must be able to see and hear in the normal range, with or without correction, and communicate verbally and in written form, and must be easily understood. Incumbent must have the stamina to work long hours and overtime, must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which includes weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or varying shifts.
- Replace, clean, install, and repair water meter boxes and lids
- Performs and assists with drilling metal and plastic meter lids
- Dig holes and ditches with shovel and other hand tools
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment
- Assists the field manager with setting up the job and controlling safety and traffic
- Gets materials and supplies for each job; insures all equipment is in good working order
- Makes records of work activities
*The tasks listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of tasks does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.*
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate computer based equipment
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to follow oral instructions promptly and accurately
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and the public
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Ability to stand on feet, bend or stoop for a prolonged period of time
- Ability to work in disagreeable weather conditions
- Ability to operate, inspect, and maintain various hand and power tools and equipment
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information and sensitive situations
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Graduation from high school
- Some experience in semi-skilled maintenance, construction work
- Requires drug testing and background verification including references and criminal record checks prior to employment
- Must possess a valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license by the State of N.C.
- Must possess reliable, safe transportation to and from the worksite
- Travel to and from job site at a radius of 150 miles
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform very heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally; 50 pounds of force frequently; and 20 pounds constantly.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate mobile equipment and hand tools in a safe manner, to work in traffic and perform visual inspections. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.